- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 bunch of purple sprouting broccoli, leaves trimmed, cut into spears
- 20 cm blind-baked shortcrust pastry tart cases
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml double cream
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Arrange.the broccoli spears in the pastry case, head to tail.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and the double cream. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, if using, bearing in mind that you should be able to taste the broccoli.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until set. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe