- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g Puy lentils
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 fat cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 100 g coconut cream, chopped and dissolved in 160ml boiling water
- 2-3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 small handfuls of spinach leaves
- warm flatbreads, (such as pitta)to serve
1. Rinse the Puy lentils and place in a large pot with enough cold water just to cover. Bring to the boil and keep boiling vigorously for 10 minutes.
2. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, coconut milk and soy sauce and season with salt and freshly ground pepper - keep in mind the saltiness of the soy sauce.
3. Bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked.
4. Take four serving bowls and place a small handful of baby spinach leaves in each bowl. Ladle over the lentil soup, the which will wilt the spinach. Serve at once with warm flatbread.
Rate This Recipe