- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg new potatoes, (unpeeled)
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 4 sticks celery
- 2 unwaxed lemons, cut into 4 wedges along the length
- 6 clove garlic, left whole and unpeeled
- black pepper
- 6 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 quail
- 2 Italian sausages, (preferably with fennel)
- 2 balls mozzarella
1. Place the potatoes, the carrots, the onions and celery into a large roasting pan. Add the garlic and the lemon wedges and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Scatter over the rosemary, drizzle with oil and mix well. Leave to marinate while preparing the quails.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. To prepare the quails, take the meat out of the sausages and simply stuff it into the quails. Place them in the tray of potatoes and vegetables. Cover the tray with foil and roast in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking for a further 20 minutes.
3. Place the quails on a plate. Before adding the potatoes from the baking tray, roughly break in the mozzarella balls and mix into the vegetables. Add to the quails and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe