- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the quails and asparagus
- 4 quail, spatchcocked (you can ask your butcher to do this)
- 1/2 tsp crushed pink peppercorns
- olive oil
- bunches asparagus
For the dressing
- 20 ml red wine vinegar
- 25 ml pomegranate molasses
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp clear honey
For the salad
- 2 heads radicchio, (red chicory)
- 2 blood oranges, segmented
- 50 g pomegranate seeds
- pistachio nuts, slivers
- small handful flat-leaf parsley
1. For the quails: rub the quails with the crushed peppercorns and sea salt, to taste. Set aside while you make the dressing.
2. Heat a griddle until hot.
3. For the dressing: whisk the vinegar, molasses, olive oil and honey together in a small bowl.
4. For the salad: break the radicchio into large leaves, then scatter over a platter with the orange segments.
5. To cook the quails and asparagus: brush the quails and asparagus with olive oil. Chargrill the quails for 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Leave the quails to rest in a warm place while you chargrill the asparagus (3-4 minutes).
6. To serve, arrange the asparagus and quail on top of the salad and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, pistachios and parsley.
Rate This Recipe