- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 30 g duck fat
- 4 duck breast
- 2 cooking apples, cut into 3mm slices
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- handful of fresh thyme
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 100 ml cider vinegar
- 300ml fresh chicken stock
- 100 ml pure maple syrup
- 2 small bananas
- 15g cold butter
1. Heat the duck fat in a heavy-based frying pan. Add in the duck breasts and fry for 5 minutes in total, browning each side, then remove and set aside.
2. Mix in the apple, shallot, bay, thyme, salt and freshly ground pepper and fry for 3 minutes.
3. Turn up the heat and add in the vinegar. Cook briskly until reduced to almost nothing.
4. Add the stock and maple syrup and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat right down, add in the duck, and simmer for about 8 minutes.
6. Take them and the apples out and reduce the sauce by about a third.
7. Add the bananas and whisk in the butter, pour the sauce over sliced breasts and the apple.
Rate This Recipe