- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 25 g butter
- 50 g smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 225 g potatoes, cubed
- 300 ml milk
- 100 ml cream
- 100 ml fish stock
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 100 g white fish fillets, such as cod,whiting or pollack
- 32 queen scallops
- black pepper
For the garnish:
- chopped parsley
- chopped spring onions
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. When it starts to sizzle, add the bacon and fry until crisp.
2. Add the onion and gently fry for 5-7 minutes until soft.
3. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes until tender.
4. Drain the potatoes, then tip them back into the pan.
5. Pour in the milk, cream and fish stock. Add the bay leaf, cod and the bacon mixture. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Finally add the scallops, and simmer for 5 minutes more. Season to taste.
7. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a sprinkling of chopped parsley and spring onions.
Rate This Recipe