- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g caster sugar
- juice of 2 limes
- 10 queen scallops, in the ½ shell
- 100 ml cold water
- 1 sticks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- small handful of Thai basil, finely chopped
- small handful of mint, finely chopped
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2-3 drops fish sauce, (Nam Pla)
- 2 good handfuls of seaweed
1. Mix together the sugar and lime and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the seaweed and leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes.
2. Fill a wide saucepan a quarter way up with water and bring to the boil. Add the seaweed. Remove the scallops from the marinade and reserve it to use as a dressing. Sit the scallops on top of the seaweed. Cover the pan and allow to steam for 3-4 minutes.
3. Place the scallops on a plate and dress lightly with the dressing.
Rate This Recipe