- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 20 mins resting time
- Effort: medium
- 300 ml milk
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 10 drops rose water
- grated zest of 1 lemons
- 30 g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 100 g brioche crumbs
- 85 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 250 g raspberry coulis
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 150 ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC/Gas 3. Butter an ovenproof dish.
2. In a non-stick saucepan, bring the milk, whipping cream, rose water, lemon zest and butter to simmer.
3. Stir in the brioche crumbs and remove from the heat. Leave to stand for around 20 minutes.
4. Beat 60g of the caster sugar and the egg yolks into the milk mixture.
5. Stand the dish in a roasting tray. Pour in hot water so that it reaches halfway up the sides of the dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set, allow to cool a little.
6. Cover with a layer of raspberry coulis and the fresh raspberries.
7. Whisk the whites of all 4 eggs until they start to expand then add the remaining sugar and continue to whisk until stiff, forming a meringue mixture.
8. Pipe the meringue over the pudding and return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes until pale brown. Serve warm with double cream.
Rate This Recipe