- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 flour tortillas, or corn tortillas
- 30 g cheddar cheese, or a mixture of cheddar and mozarella cheese
- 1 spring onions, sliced
- 1/2 green or red chillies, seeds removed and sliced
For the salsa
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped onions, or spring onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green or red chillies, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 limes
- 1 pinches salt and black pepper
- 1 pinches sugar
For the tomato salsa, mix all the salsa ingredients together and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Set aside while you assemble the quesadillas.
Heat a griddle or heavy frying pan, and warm one of the tortillas in the hot pan. While still on the heat, sprinke with grated cheese, sliced spring onions and sliced chillies before covering with the other tortilla.
After a few seconds, the cheese should begin to melt and the tortilla on the bottom of the pan turn golden brown. Flip it over and cook the other tortilla. Transfer to a board or plate, cut in wedges and serve straight away with tomato salsa.
Rate This Recipe