- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the curry
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 400 g chicken breast fillets, skinned and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin, toasted
- 1.25 tsp ground coriander, toasted
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1.25 tsp garam masala, or 1 tsp curry paste
- 2 tbsp double cream
For the rice
- 200 g white basmati rice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 375 ml boiling water
For the spicy salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 green chillies, seeds removed and very finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- large handful mixed green salad
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion. Fry for 1 minute.
2. Add the chicken and continue to fry for 5-6 minutes.
3. Stir in the garlic and chilli. Add the salt, turmeric, cumin and coriander. Stir well and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomato purée and garam masala or curry paste, then fold in the cream.
5. Meanwhile, rinse the rice for 30 seconds under cold running water. Place in a saucepan with the salt and the oil. Add the water and cover the pan. Simmer on a very low heat for 10 minutes, or until the rice is just tender and all the water has been absorbed.
6. Tip all the ingredients for the salad dressing into a screw top jar and shake well.
7. Put the salad leaves into a bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve the chicken curry with the basmati rice and salad.
Rate This Recipe