- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 2 onions, cut into 6 wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, shredded
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 x 180 g chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 25 ml water
- 75 ml coconut cream, tinned
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a moderate heat, add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, curry powder, chilli, paprika, cumin seeds and cinnamon, and cook for a further 2 minutes, until fragrant, stirring continuously.
3. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the same pan. Stir well to ensure the chicken is well coated with the spices.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and water, and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
5. Pour over the coconut milk and simmer for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the lemon zest and add enough lemon juice to sharpen. Serve with boiled rice.
Rate This Recipe