- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate, preferably Valrhona
- 300 ml single cream
- 1 tbsp leaves basil, optional
1. Chop the chocolate into small, even-sized pieces.
2. Pour the cream into a saucepan, add the basil leaves (if using) and heat until just beginning to bubble.
3. Add the chopped chocolate, stirring with a whisk. Reduce the heat to low and cook gently until the sauce is smooth and lustruous.
4. Strain through a fine-meshed conical sieve to remove the basil leaves; otherwise simply pour into a jug and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe