- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large tomatoes
- 600 g undyed smoked haddock fillets, skinned and pin-boned
- 1 handful basil, roughly torn
- 100 ml single cream
- 100 g half-fat creme fraiche
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 50 g gruyère cheese, grated
- garden peas
- lemon and chive flavoured mashed potato
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. To skin the tomatoes, put them in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water from the kettle. Leave for a minute or so, then drain and rub off the skin with a clean tea towel. Halve the tomatoes and discard the seeds, then roughly chop the flesh and set aside.
3. Cut the haddock into bite-sized pieces and spread out in a ceramic ovenproof dish. Scatter over the chopped tomatoes and basil. Grind over little black pepper and pour in the cream and crème fraîche. Scatter over the parmesan and gruyère.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the fish mixture is cooked through and the cheese topping is golden brown.
5. Serve with garden peas and mashed potato that you have mixed with a little lemon juice and zest and snipped chives.
Rate This Recipe