- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- squeeze of tomato purée
- 450 g canned chopped tomatoes
- a few basil
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- freshly cooked pasta, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add in the onion and garlic and fry until golden, stirring well.
2. Mix in a squeeze of tomato puree and fry for one minute.
3. Add in the chopped tomatoes, mixing in well.
4. Cook, stirring now and then, until the tomatoes break down and thicken into a sauce, cooking until it reaches the desired consistency.
5. Stir in the basil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Serve with pasta.
Rate This Recipe