- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into large florets
- 6 rashers of back bacon
- 230g jarred roasted peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 175 g mature cheddar cheese
- garlic bread, to serve
- green salad, to serve
1. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add in the cauliflower and boil for 5-7 minutes, until just tender. Drain and tip into a shallow ovenproof dish.
2. Preheat the grill to high. Grill the bacon until crisp, then cut into large pieces, using kitchen scissors.
3. Add half the bacon to the cauliflower, along with the red peppers and mix lightly.
4. Mix together the crème fraîche and all but a handful of the cheese. Spread this mixture over the cauliflower mixture, then sprinkle over the remaining bacon and cheese.
5. Grill for around 5 minutes until the top is bubbling and golden. Serve with garlic bread and a green salad.
Rate This Recipe