- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.9 kg chicken, jointed into eight pieces
- 1 large onion, or two small red onions, cut into 6-8 wedges
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks, leave whole if they're baby carrots
- 1 leeks, cut into 2cm chunks
- 12 small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 80 ml olive oil
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 250C/ above gas mark 9.
2. Put the chicken pieces, red onions, garlic, carrots, leeks and potatoes into a large bowl and pour over the olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper, and toss together with your hands, adding more olive oil if it looks a bit dry.
3. Spread out in a single layer on a baking/ roasting tray and pop into the hot oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the skin is crisp.
Rate This Recipe