- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes or one hour if roasting with the marination
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 chicken, jointed into eight pieces
- 1 lemons, grated rind and juice
- 1 heads garlic, peeled, cloves left whole
- green cardamom, seeds crushed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 0.5 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 0.5 tsp turmeric
- 50 ml olive oil
Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Toss with your hands to evenly coat the chicken with the spicy marinade. Set aside for 1-2 hours.
Either roast the chicken with the spicy marinade for 1 hour at 150C - this results in a lovely juicy dish, giving everyone enough spicy 'gravy' to go round. Or, you could cook the drained chicken in an oven preheated at 250C for 25 minutes - this will give you a crisp result with not much juice, but delicious all the same. Either way, sprinkle salt over the chicken just before it goes in the oven. Serve with a bowl of cucumber raita and basmati rice.
Rate This Recipe