- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 375g packs ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 6 Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apples
- 50 g butter, melted
- 125 g membrillo (quince cheese), (Membrillo)
- 1/2 tbsp honey
For the honey walnut cream:
- 150 ml double cream, whipped
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
1. Cut 4 rounds from the 2 sheets of pastry about 15cm in diameter, using a small side plate or cake tin as a template.
2. Place the pastry rounds on 2 baking sheets, prick the bases well with a fork.
3. Heat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
4. Mix the whipped cream with the honey and nuts and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm.
5. Meanwhile, cut the apples in half lengthways and slice wafer thin.
6. Brush the edges of the pastry rounds with a little melted butter. Spread the quince paste over the top of the rounds.
7. Arrange the apple slices either in a neat fan shape or in a casual jumble on top. Brush the remaining melted butter on top and drizzle over the honey.
8. Bake the apple tarts in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the pastry edges are crisp and golden brown.
9. Slide the tarts off the baking sheets with a palette knife on to dessert plates. Scoop a smooth oval of honey-walnut cream using a dessert spoon dipped in hot water and place on a tart. Repeat for the other tarts and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe