- Serves: Makes approx 1.5kg of quince jelly
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 kg quince, peeled, cored and chopped
- Half a cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 kg sugar
1. Place the chopped quince and cinnamon stick in a preserving pan or large, wide stainless steel or lined aluminium saucepan.
2. Add the salt and pour in enough water to cover the chopped quince.
3. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the quince is tender. Remove and discard the cinnamon stick.
4. In a food processor or blender process the quince mixture until completely smooth.
5. Return the quince puree to the pan and gradually add the sugar.
6. Cook stirring over a low heat until the mixture thickens into a sticky paste and takes on a caramel colour, around 20 minutes.
7. Pour the quince paste into a lightly greased tray and let it cool and set.
Rate This Recipe