- Serves: makes approximately 600ml
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 6 weeks steeping
- Effort: easy
- 2 large quince
- 500 ml unflavoured vodka
- 200 g golden caster sugar
Tips and Suggestions
The quince vodka is delicious with a fresh fruit salad, or with a plate of preserved fruits such as apricots, figs, dates, toasted hazelnuts and pistachios.
It is best to discard any quince that are badly bruised as these will discolour the vodka.
1. Grate the quinces, whole and unpeeled, using the coarse side of a grater. Use the entire fruit, core and all. As you grate, put batches into a kilner jar and splash in a little vodka, or the fruit will quickly brown.
2. Work swiftly and pile all the last bits into the jar and add the sugar, topping the whole lot up with the vodka.
3. Seal and turn gently to mix. Turn every day for 2 weeks, then occasionally for another 4 weeks. Strain after this period, discard the quince and bottle the lovely golden spirit.
Want to see more? Take a look at our cocktail recipes.
Rate This Recipe