- Serves: 4-6 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g quinoa
- 100 g pistachio nuts, shelled
- 2 large courgettes, cut ito 1cm slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for the courgettes
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint, stalks discarded and leaves finely chopped
- 6-8 preserved lemons, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ lemons, juiced
- 2 tsp nigella seeds
1. Boil the quinoa according to the packet instructions, then drain using a sieve and rinse thoroughly with cold water until the grains are cold. Allow the excess moisture to drain away and then put the quinoa into a large mixing bowl.
2. In a large frying pan over a medium heat, toast the pistachio nuts without any oil for 3-4 minutes, gently tossing them to ensure they do not blacken or burn. Set aside. Add the courgettes to the same frying pan, drizzle just the tiniest amount of oil into the pan and fry them for 3 minutes each side, until they get a good colour on them but dont cook all the way through. Set aside.
3. Add the mint to the quinoa along with preserved lemons, olive oil, lemon juice, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Add the toasted pistachios and nigella seeds, give the ingredients one final mix and serve.
If you like this, you'll love our healthy spring recipes.
Rate This Recipe