- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g quinoa
- 2 large, ripe vine tomatoes
- large bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- small bunch fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, flakes
- 4 ready-made flatbreads, grilled, to serve
1. Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions, for about 15 minutes or until it is done with a slight bite to it, like pasta. Drain well, then set aside to cool.
2. Make a small cross at the base of each tomato. Place the tomatoes in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds, then drain. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel off and discard the skins.
3. Cut the tomatoes in quarters, discard the seeds and dice the flesh. Put the diced tomatoes in a serving bowl. Stir in the parsley, mint and chopped onion until well combined. Mix in the quinoa, then drizzle over the lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste with sea salt. Mix well to coat the ingredients in the dressing. Serve with the grilled flatbreads.
Rate This Recipe