- Serves: 2 generously, 4 as an appetiser
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 quail's eggs
- a splash of white wine vinegar
- 100 g pine kernels
- mixed salad leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Bring a panful of water to the boil along with a splash of white wine vinegar. Boil the eggs for 3 minutes, then plunge into ice-cold water.
3. Place the pine nuts on a tray and toast in the oven until golden brown - check regularly.
4. Once the eggs are cold, peel them carefully and slice in half.
5. Dress the salad leaves with vinaigrette and arrange in the centre of a wide bowl or plate. Arrange the halved eggs round the outside, and scatter the pine nuts over the leaves. Serve.
Rate This Recipe