- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 jointed, wild rabbits, about 1.5kg each
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 6 salted anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 ml dry sherry
- 200 g tomatoes, chopped
- 200 g green olives
- 400 ml lamb stock
- 100 g green beans, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat a little olive oil in a casserole dish over medium-high heat. Seal the rabbit for 2 minutes on each side, then remove from the dish.
2. Turn the heat down and add the onion, anchovies and garlic, and cook slowly for 5 minutes.
3. Add the dry sherry and deglaze the pan.
4. Put the meat back into the casserole dish and add the tomatoes, olives and lamb stock and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a low simmer and cook for a minimum of 45 minutes but ideally 1.5 hours (the meat will be much more tender with longer cooking).
5. About 5 minutes before the casserole is ready, in a separate frying pan, fry the chopped green beans then add to the casserole. Stir through the parsley and tarragon. Serve with mashed potato.
Rate This Recipe