- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 kg rabbit bones
- head celery
- 4 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- sprig fresh thyme
- few black peppercorns
- 1 rabbit liver, thinly sliced
- 1 loin of rabbit, thinly sliced
- 1 rabbit kidney, thinly sliced
- handful of tarragon, thinly sliced
1. Place all the large ingredients in a large pan and add enough cold water to cover.
2. Bring to then boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 hours.
3. Strain through a fine sieve, then pass through again twice more. Reserve the offal.
4. Simmer the liquid and gently poach the liver, loin and kidney.
5. Season to taste and serve. Finish with a sprinkling of tarragon.
Rate This Recipe