- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus several hours or overnight chilling
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 85 g tinned anchovies
- 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 450 rabbit liver, trimmed of sinew and any green patches
- 50 g unsalted butter
- g baby capers
- 1 tbsp Frangelico
- 1 tbsp port wine
- 100 ml clarified butter
1. Sweat the anchovies and chopped shallot in the olive oil over low heat in a heavy-bottomed frying pan until the shallot is softened and the anchovies are starting to break up.
2. Season the livers and add to the frying pan with the butter. Fry for 5 minutes on each side until well browned.
3. Add the capers, then deglaze the frying pan with the Frangellico and port wine. When the wine has almost evaporated, tip everything into a food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
4. Pour the paté into an earthenware or china terrine. Smooth the surface with a knife and pour over the clarified butter. When cool, place in the refrigerator to set.
Rate This Recipe