- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 banana shallot, cut into coarse chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 6 baby or chantenay carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- sprig of rosemary
- 2 baby turnips, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 4 rabbit legs, cut in half
- plain flour, for dusting
- small amount of white wine
- small amount of port
- chicken stock, to cover
- 3 black truffles, potatoes, sliced into chunks
1. Heat a little oil in a heavy-based frying pan and cook the shallots with a pinch of salt until lightly coloured.
2. Gently crush the unpeeled garlic cloves and add to the pan with the carrots, bay leaf, rosemary sprig, baby turnips and sliced black truffle potatoes and sweat for 5 minutes.
3. Dust the rabbit with a little flour.
4. Heat a little more oil in a clean pan until hot and brown the rabbit on each side until nicely coloured.
5. Add a splash of white wine to the vegetables along with a splash of port and cook off the alcohol.
6. Add the browned rabbit to the vegetable pan and de-glaze the rabbit pan with another splash of white wine. Add the de-glazing liquid to the vegetable pan.
7. Add the tomato, pour in enough stock to cover and cook for 30 minutes, with the lid on.
Rate This Recipe