- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 prepared rabbits, jointed (ask your butcher to help with this)
- olive oil, for frying
- 400baby g onions, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled, lightly crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 750 ml red wine
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 2 x 400 g canned tomatoes
- roasted new potatoes, to serve
1. Season the rabbit pieces. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the rabbit in batches for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the whole onions to the pan and fry for 5-10 minutes until browned.
3. Heat a large casserole and tip in onions. Sit the rabbit joints on top and the garlic, herbs and cinnamon.
4. Pour in the wine, bring to the boil and reduce the wine a little. Tip in the stock and tomatoes and season well. Bring to the boil again, and simmer for 1-1½ hours, until beautifully tender. Check the seasoning and serve with roasted new potatoes.
Rate This Recipe