- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 10 mins soaking
- Effort: medium
- 12 Agen prunes
- 150 ml apple brandy
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 75 g pancetta, finely diced
- 1 rabbit, jointed
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- wilted spinach
- boiled Charlotte potatoes, or Anya potatoes or Jersey Royals
1. Soak the prunes in half the apple brandy for 10 minutes so they plump up a little.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. Add the pancetta and cook until just beginning to crisp.
3. Meanwhile season the rabbit really well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and add to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes until browned on all sides.
4. Add the remaining apple brandy and flambé - ignite at the edge of the pan, using a long match and cook until the flame disappears.
5. Add the thyme and mustard along with the soaked prunes and the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes.
6. Finally add the cream and allow to bubble and reduce for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the parsley and serve with wilted spinach and potatoes.
Rate This Recipe