- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 rabbit, jointed into 8 pieces
- 3 tbsp seasoned plain flour
- 25 ml olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 4 onions, sliced
- 12 unpeeledcloves garlic, lightly bruised
- 1 bunch thyme
- 600 ml still cider
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp double cream
1. Coat the rabbit pieces in the seasoned flour and set aside.
2. Melt the oil and butter together in a large frying pan and add the rabbit. Cook until well browned on both sides.
3. Add the onion, garlic and thyme . Cook for 10 minutes and then add the cider and mustard.
4. Cover the pan and simmer for 40 minutes. At the end of this time, there should be very little liquid left in the pan.
5. Add the honey and then the cream, stir and continue cooking for 1 minute, until the rabbit is almost falling off the bone.
6. Serve immediately with sauté potatoes, a green salad and a bottle of good cider.
Rate This Recipe