- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 rabbit, jointed into 8 portions, liver and kidneys retained
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bulb fennel, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 260 ml pastis
- 8 rashers rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 2 sprigs of dill or wild fennel, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Rub the rabbit portions with the mustard and place in a casserole dish. Add the garlic, onion, fennel quarters and olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Add the pastis and top with the bacon rashers. Cover the dish with a tightly fitting lid.
4. Cook the rabbit in the oven for 20 minutes, reduce the heat to 160°C and cook for a further 40 mintes.
5. Remove the casserole dish from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Just before serving, sprinkle over the chopped wild fennel or dill.
Rate This Recipe