- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 wild rabbit, head and legs removed
- 4 tbsp flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic
- 750 ml white wine
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 1 kg potatoes
- 100 ml milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 140C/gas 0.5. Chop the rabbit into three equal-sized joints.
2. Roll the rabbit pieces in the seasoned flour.
3. Heat the oil in a casserole pan and cook the rabbit pieces for 1 minute on each side.
4. Crush the garlic using the flat blade of a knife and add to the pan.
5. Pour over the wine and add the rosemary. Cover and cook for 3.5 hours, or until the rabbit is tender.
6. Peel and halve the potatoes - boil until tender before draining. Mash with a potato masher. Heat the milk with the butter and seasoning, and beat into the potatoes. Stir in the parsley just before serving with the rabbit.
Rate This Recipe