- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 1cm dice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 25 g cheddar cheese
1. Melt the butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat and, when foaming, add the onions, red pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 810 minutes or until the onions and pepper are soft and lightly browned.
2. Stir in the tomatoes and sugar and cook for about 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced a little.
3. Use a spoon to make 4 wells in the mixture then break an egg into each of the 4 spaces. Season with salt and pepper, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 34 minutes or until just set.
4. Grate over the cheese, replace the lid on the pan for a few seconds and then serve.
Recipe taken from Rachel Allen's Easy Meals.
Rate This Recipe