- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the potatoes
- 350 g new potatoes
- 10 g chives, snipped
- 25 g butter
For the lamb
- 1 dashes of olive oil
- 2 baby French trimmed racks of lamb, with 3 bones (about 150g) each
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1. For the potatoes: cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water until tender (about 15-20 minutes). Drain well and keep warm.
2. For the lamb: preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
3. Heat a dash of oil in a roasting tin and fry the lamb until golden-brown all over. Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes - or longer, depending on the size of the racks.
4. Remove from the oven. Mix the honey and mustard together and brush onto the meat. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes until glazed. Cover with foil and rest for 8-10 minutes.
5. To finish the potatoes: stir the butter and chives into the hot potatoes. Season both the potatoes and lamb and serve at once.
Made with produce from Kielder Organic Meats - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe