- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 baby French-trimmed racks of lamb, about 200g each
- olive oil
- 50 g baby shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4 rashers bacon, cut into strips
- 200 g spinach
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- sautéed potatoes, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Sit the lamb in a roasting tin, season to taste and rub all over with olive oil. Roast for 15-20 minutes for rare-to-medium, 25 minutes for well done. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for about 10 minutes in a warm place. When the meat is rested, carve into cutlets.
3. Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan, add the shallots and bacon and fry until the bacon is crisp.
4. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted. Drain off any excess liquid.
5. Arrange the wilted spinach and bacon in the centre of each serving plate and top with the lamb. Drizzle the crème fraîche on the side and serve with sautéed potatoes .
Made with produce from Eastwoods Butchers - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe