- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus at least 4 hrs standing time
- Effort: easy
- 1 pork loin, about 1kg
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 250 ml light olive oil
For the herbes de Provence
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 dried bay leaves
For the dressing
- 250 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, cracked
For the vegetables
- 900 g mixed vegetables, such as aubergine, courgettes, red onions, mushrooms
- 120 ml olive oil
1. Remove the skin from the rack of pork and scrape off the meat from between the bones with a sharp knife.
2. Combine all the herbes de Provence ingredients.
3. Rub the salt, black pepper and 2 tablespoons of the mixed herbs into the pork rack, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4-8 hours.
4. Remove the pork from the fridge, drain off any juices and lightly pat dry. Drizzle a little olive oil over it and cook under a pre-heated grill for about 20 minutes, turning and basting with a little oil from time to time. Leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
5. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add 2 tablespoons of the herb mixture and leave to stand while you prepare the vegetables.
6. Cut the vegetables into attractive shapes, toss in the olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining herbs and a little salt and pepper.
7. Cook on a hot griddle pan until softened turning them once or twice as necessary. Transfer to a warm plate.
8. Carve the rack of pork into 4 large cutlets. Arrange the vegetables on a plate, place the cutlets on top, drizzle with the herb dressing and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe