- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 20 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- black pepper
- 2 heads of radicchio
- 9 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemons
- 2 small chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- bunch of basil, separated into leaves
1. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for about 10 minutes, until tender.
2. Meanwhile, cut the cores out of the radicchio, trim off all the leaves and place the leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle the radicchio leaves 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and toss the leaves to ensure they are coated.
3. Drain the potatoes and, while still hot, put them in a bowl and add the finely chopped garlic, the remaining olive oil, half the lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Lightly mix and place to one side to cool.
4. Heat a dry frying pan on full heat and lightly toast the radicchio leaves on both sides for a maximum of 10 seconds per side, placing them in a bowl once cooked. Pour any juices left in the pan over the radicchio and toss with the remaining lemon juice.
5. Add the slices of chorizo sausage to the pan and cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked sausage to the potatoes.
6. Toss the radicchio leaves and lay them out on a large serving dish. Layer over the fresh basil leaves, then the chorizo and potatoes. Serve.
Rate This Recipe