- Serves: 2
- Effort: easy
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce, use gluten free soy sauce if you are making this as a gluten free recipe
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 handful coriander, leaves picked and chopped
- 200 g cooked prawns
- 6 slices streaky bacon
- 200 g feta cheese, cubed
- 1 bag salad leaves, shredded
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 vine tomatoes, diced
1. Put the lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, honey and coriander, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly, add the prawns, mix again then set aside.
2. Grill the bacon until crispy and then chop into small pieces.
3. In a large jar or a few smaller jars layer up your rainbow salad ingredients, starting with the marinated prawns so the dressing doesn't make the salad go soggy.
4. Create lines of each ingredient, building up until the jar is full. Mix up the colours for maximum impact. Place a lid on top and you're ready to picnic!
5. When youre ready to serve, tip out the salad into a bowl and the marinade from the prawns will instantly dress the salad.
Rate This Recipe