- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 pinches salt
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 1 handful wild garlic
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 small rainbow trout, , de-boned and butterflied
- 5-6 slices pancetta
- 4 stalks asparagus, , woody ends removed
- 2baby leeks, , cut in half lengthways
- 1 violet artichoke, , outer leaves, stalk and choke removed
- ¼ yellow courgettes, , sliced into thin strips
- ¼ courgettes, , sliced into thin strips
- handfulfresh peas
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
1. Put the almonds and a pinch of salt in a mortar and grind with the pestle. Add the parmesan, wild garlic leaves and one teaspoon of lemon zest. Crush the ingredients together, then add a drizzle of olive oil.
2. Season inside the trout with salt and pepper, then spread the almond, parmesan, garlic leaf and lemon zest paste inside the fish. Add a squeeze of lemon.
3. Cover the trout with the slices of pancetta so that the whole body is covered and the stomach cavity is sealed. Rub the outside of the pancetta with olive oil.
4. Heat a griddle pan until smoking then add the fish and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until the pancetta is golden brown and the fish is cooked through.
5. Add the asparagus to the griddle, then the baby leeks and artichoke. Cook for a minute and then add the strips of courgettes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until all the vegetables are nicely chargrilled.
6. Remove the vegetables from the heat and transfer to a bowl and add the fresh peas. Drizzle with olive oil, add a squeeze of lemon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. To serve, pile the vegetables onto a serving plate and place the trout on top. Garnish with a wedge of lemon.
Rate This Recipe