- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 sheets of spring roll wrappers
- 200g fresh tuna, diced
- small bunch of coriander
- zest of 1 limes
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 30g fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 30 g snub-nosed green chillies, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg white
- oil, for deep frying
For the cucumber salad:
- ½ cucumber, finely sliced length-ways using a vegetable peeler
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 tsp wasabi
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 80 g palm sugar
1. To make the spring roll, combine the raw tuna with the other filling ingredients in a bowl with the sesame oil. Season with the ground pepper. Do not use salt.
2. To make the spring roll, take one sheet of spring roll wrap and place diagonally in front of you. Place half the tuna mix into the corner of the sheet nearest to you. Roll over one full turn and then pull over each side. Roll again until you have used up all the wrapping. Set aside and repeat.
3. Combine all the ingredients for the cucumber salad in a large bowl and set aside. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. To make the dipping sauce, combine the Wasabi paste, sesame oil, soy sauce and palm sugar in a saucepan and heat until the palm sugar has dissolved. Cool.
5. Heat the oil in a wok or deep fat fryer to 190°c and deep-fry the spring rolls until golden brown.
6. Serve one spring roll on each of two plates, with the salad and a dish of dipping sauce.
Rate This Recipe