- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 50 g chocolate
- 150 ml double cream
- 100 g frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Grand Marnier, optional
- 6 sponge fingers
1. Place the chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and melt (or melt gently in the microwave). Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile whip the double cream until thick. Set aside a few spoonfuls for garnishing. Fold a third of the cream into the chocolate with a metal spoon, then carefully stir through the rest of the cream. Chill.
3. Defrost the raspberries and sprinkle over some sugar, to taste. Stir in the Grand Marnier. Crush lightly with a fork. Place the sponge finger biscuits on the bottom of a serving bowl and top with the raspberries (and their juice). Allow the biscuits to absorb some of the raspberry juice, then top with the chocolate mousse. Garnish with a dollop of the thickened double cream.
Rate This Recipe