- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: easy
- large handful fresh raspberries
For the pastry
- 280 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 115 g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only (optional)
- 230 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
For the frangipane
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 250 g ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- warmed apricot jam, to glaze
- clotted cream
1. For the pastry: mix the flour and a pinch of salt together with the icing sugar, vanilla seeds and lemon zest. Add the softened butter and egg yolks and then bring together into a dough with your hands.
2. Roll into a log shape on some cling film. Wrap and chill for at least an hour. Remove from fridge and dust a 30cm round tart tin with extra flour.
3. Cut log of pastry into 1cm circles and arrange in the tart case butting the edges of the circles together and pressing the edges to seal to make a solid base and sides. Trim the edges and chill for 30 mins until solid.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line pastry with paper and baking beans and blind bake for 20 mins or until golden brown.
5. For the frangipane: cream the butter and sugar until pale in food processor. Turn the speed down and add the almonds. Beat until just incorporated, then add eggs one at a time. Chill until needed
6. To assemble the tart, preheat the oven to 140C/120C/gas 1. Scatter the raspberries into the tart case and cover with frangipane.
7. Bake in the oven for 40 mins, remove and glaze with some warmed sieved apricot jam.
Serve warm, dusted with cocoa powder with a dollop of clotted cream on the side.
Rate This Recipe