- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 bought sponge fingers
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam
- 125 ml medium dry sherry or raspberry liqueur
- 350 g raspberries
- 10 macaroons or ratafia biscuits, crushed
- 600 ml bought custard
- 150 ml cream, whipped
- blanched flaked almonds, toasted
1. Split the sponges and sandwich together with raspberry jam. Arrange in the base of a deep serving dish.
2. Sprinkle the sherry over the sponges and cover with fresh raspberries.
3. Sprinkle over crushed macaroons and level gently with the back of a metal spoon.
4. Pour over the thick custard. Decorate with cream, sprinkle with flaked almonds and serve chilled.
For more takes on trifle, take a look at our top 10 trifle recipes
Rate This Recipe