- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus freezing
- Effort: easy
- 450 g raspberries
- 175 g caster sugar
- handful of basil
- juice of 1/2 oranges
- lemon juice, to taste
- 300 ml double cream
1. Push the raspberries through a sieve over a large bowl. Stir the sugar, basil and orange juice into the resulting puree and leave it to stand for 30 minutes at room temperature, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice to taste.
3. Whip the cream lightly until slightly thickened and then fold in the raspberry mixture. Churn in an ice-cream maker, if you have one. If you don't, pour the mixture into a freezer container and leave in the freezer until the sides begin to solidify. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and stir to break up any ice crystals. Return to the freezer and repeat the process once more, but this time leave the ice-cream until almost frozen solid, then either process quickly or scrape into a bowl and beat vigorously to break up the larger ice crystals.
4. Return to the freezer and leave to freeze fully. Transfer from the freezer to the fridge 30-45 minutes before serving, to soften.
Rate This Recipe