- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 125 g butter, hard from the fridge
- 75 g plain flour
- 75 g ground hazelnuts
- 25 g icing sugar
For the filling
- 500 g raspberries
- 75-125 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 125 ml brandy, (optional)
- whipped cream, to serve
1. Put the butter, flour, ground hazelnuts and icing sugar together in a food processor and whiz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Push the mixture around the sides and bottom of a 20cm flan dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Bake for 30 minutes, until the pastry is evenly cooked and golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
4. Put the raspberries into a saucepan with 150ml water and the sugar. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Put the arrowroot into a small bowl and mix to a smooth paste with 2 tablespoons of water.
6. Pour a little of the juice from the saucepan into the bowl and mix well. Pour the mixture back into the pan with the raspberries and stir over a moderate heat, until the sauce thickens.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in the brandy; set aside to cool.
8. Spoon the cold raspberry mixture into the baked pastry case and smooth the surface.
9. Serve in slices accompanied with whipped cream.
Rate This Recipe