- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 35 minutes plus freezing overnight
- Effort: medium
- oil, for greasing
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 325 g mascarpone
- 100 g nougat, chopped into small pieces
- 100 g raspberries
- sprigs mint, to decorate
For the raspberry sauce:
- 200 g raspberries
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp water
1. Lightly grease a loaf tin and line with cling film.
2. Separate the eggs yolks from the whites and put into two separate large bowls.
3. Add the sugar to the egg yolks and beat until smooth and fluffy.
4. Beat in the mascarpone cheese until thoroughly mixed.
5. Fold in the chopped nougat.
6. Using clean beaters, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Using a metal spoon, fold them carefully into the mascarpone mixture.
7. Fold in the raspberries.
8. Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin and freeze until set, overnight if possible.
9. To make the raspberry sauce, put the ingredients in a food processor and whizz to a pulp. Push through a fine sieve, pressing well with the back of a wooden spoon to extract the seeds.
8. Turn out the ice cream onto a dish. Serve sliced with a little raspberry sauce and a mint sprig.
Rate This Recipe