- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus overnight freezing
- Effort: medium
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 325 g mascarpone
- 100 g nougat, chopped
- 2 punnets of fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- sprigs mint
1. In a mixing bowl whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar until frothy. Mix in the mascarpone and beat in thoroughly.
2. Fold in the chopped nougat.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the whisked egg white and half a punnet of raspberries into the mascarpone mixture.
4. Brush a loaf tin with olive oil and line with cling film. Transfer the mascarpone mixture into the loaf tin, cover and freeze overnight until set.
5. In a blender, blend together the remaining raspberries and icing sugar until smooth. Sieve the raspberry puree and set aside.
6. Heat the caster sugar in a small saucepan until melted into a syrup. Continue heating the syrup until it turns golden and caramelises.
7. Meanwhile, turn out the semi-freddo and cut into slices. Pour the caramel over the semifreddo slices, decorate with mint sprigs and serve with the raspberry sauce.
Rate This Recipe