- Serves: Makes 8
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g dark chocolate, (55-60% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 250 g light soft brown sugar
- 110 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175 g fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3 and grease a 23cm square cake tin.
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a saucepan set over a low heat and gently melt, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Whisk the eggs until thick, then gradually add the sugar and beat until glossy. Beat in the lukewarm melted chocolate mixture, then gently fold in the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
4. Pour just over half the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Scatter over the raspberries, then cover with the remaining mixture.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the surface is set. The brownies will be cooked when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with just a little mixture adhering.
6. Remove from the oven, place the tin on a wire rack and allow to rest for about 20 minutes. Cut the brownies into squares and carefully remove them from the tin when cold.
Rate This Recipe