- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 egg yolks, (the whites can be frozen or used in another recipe)
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 3-4 tbsp balsamic vinegar, (5-6 tbsp of balsamic vinegar simmered in a non-reactive pan until reduced to a sticky syrup)
- 200 ml apple brandy
- 2 handfuls fresh raspberries
1. Place the egg yolks, sugar, one teaspoon of lemon juice and the apple brandy into a heatproof glass bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesnt touch the water).
2. Whisk the sabayon mixture together until well combined, pale and almost trebled in volume.
3. Line the bottom of two ramekins or a terracotta/heatproof dish with the raspberries, reserving a few for garnish. Drizzle over the balsamic glaze, then pour over the sabayon mixture.
4. Dot the top of the mixture with the reserved raspberries. Using a mini blowtorch, brown the top until crisp and golden-brown. Alternatively, place under the grill for 6-8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe