- Serves: 10 - 12
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus setting
- Effort: easy
- 570 ml sparkling wine
- 570 ml iced tea, (ideally home-made)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 punnet of fresh raspberries
- ice cubes, to serve
For the frosted mint leaves
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 2 egg whites
- caster sugar, for coating
Tips and Suggestions
The decorative frosted mint leaves contain raw egg. Raw or lightly cooked egg should not be served to young children, elerly people, invalids and pregnant women because of the risk of salmonella poisoning
1. First make the frosted mint leaves. Dip each mint leaf in egg white, remove the excess, then dip in caster sugar and set aside to harden.
2. To make the raspberry tea, mix together the sparkling white wine and iced tea. Sweeten with the sugar, adding more if necessary.
3. Fill each serving glass with lots of ice and a few raspberries. Pour over the iced tea mixture, decorate with the frosted mint leaves and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe